what we treat
Galen Hope provides services for a wide range of diagnoses and related conditions, including:
- Eating Disorders
- ADHD and learning disorders
- Anxiety Disorders (special focus on OCD, Social Anxiety, specific phobias)
- Autism Spectrum, Non-Verbal Learning Disorder, and Social Pragmatic Communication Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Dependent Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Psychosis and Thought Disorders
- Schizoid Personality Disorder
For young adults who struggled with mental health as a child or teen, these problems—when not properly addressed—can lead to difficulties with taking forward steps on the developmental pathway to adulthood. Such mental health concerns may include ADHD, depression, eating disorders, social anxiety, substance use, or trauma. When someone has experiences that impair their well-being and mental health in this way, a part of them can get “stuck” at the age when that problem emerged. As a result, full psychological, social, sexual, and intellectual development can be derailed. As time goes on, the deficits associated with this derailment become more and more problematic and can drive these young adults back into negative coping behaviors and increased psychological symptomatology.
Treatment at Galen Hope is very well-suited to meet the developmental needs of emerging adults. With our emphasis on skill building and competence combined with evidence-based treatment strategies, young people will be supported in a non-judgmental way to push themselves and grow into adulthood while also addressing psychological issues.